practice reading br, cr, dr, gr, and pr words
This single game is included in the Phonics Games Level One (I) set (16 games $7) and is sold here separately.
This is a fun way to practice reading phonics charts. Students read their way around the board listening for their sound.
- Game board
- Game cards
3 page PDF
- Choose a blank game board (teachwithgames.com has a free one with free membership)
- Choose four or five phonics sounds to study
- Select four or five words with each sound to be studied (= or < board spaces)
- If there are extra spaces add 'jump forward two spaces' or 'move back one space' to the spaces scattered on the space trail.
- On the remaining blank spaces write each of the words in random order
- Create cards or a spinner with an example or each sound
Proverbs 15:2 "The wise person makes learning a joy...", (NLT)